The job of the host organisation is to support the LINk to do its work. The LINk will need to decide what work it does and when.
The host might be a local community or voluntary organisation. They will have shown that they understand the local community and are good at working with groups and people.
The following are included within the role of the host organisation:
- help and support the LINk in its activities;
- manage the LINk budget;
- report back to the local authority on expenditure, activity and achievements of the host organisation and the LINk;
- provide advice and support to the LINk, including the setting up of governance arrangements and the resolution of disputes;
- ensure that the LINk enables representatives from all communities to have their say and get involved;
- assist with access to relevant information from the Department of Health, the NHS, the local authority, voluntary sector organisations, etc;
- enable the LINk to set a local agenda driven by the priorities and interests of local communities.